What We Do
Empowerment Resources Inc. (ERI) provides programming for children and their parents that builds personal resiliency through education, awareness, and hands-on discovery. ERI’s goal is to become a whole-family system that supports the achievement of children and their parents. When the community’s people reach their highest and best potential it builds stronger neighborhoods and cities.
Goals for youth and families participating in ERI programs:
• Develop leadership skills through mentoring and participation in skills building exercises and activities.
• Foster academic excellence via accountability for performance.
• Increase the level of self-sufficiency and self-esteem through life skills knowledge transfer.
• Refrain from crime, violent activity, and other unhealthy habits by introducing positive activities and examples.
• Introduce families to local community resources.